Homemade Almond Milk
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water
- 3.5 cups filtered water
- 2-4 pitted Medjool dates*, to taste (I used 2 large)
- 1 whole vanilla bean*, chopped (or 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to enhance the flavour
- Soak almonds in a bowl and cover with water for 8-12 hours.
- Rinse and drain the almonds; place into blender with water, pitted dates, and chopped vanilla bean.
- Blend on high 1 minute.
- Slowly pour almond milk mix through a nut milk bag into a large bowl. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk, takes about 5 minutes.
- Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon and pinch of sea salt and blend on low to combine.
- Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake very well before using.
Add Your Comment