Yoga Poses for Better Digestion: Cobra
The bhujangasana (cobra) pose is an easy entry intro yoga and represents the first step in backbend positions.
Benefits of the cobra pose:
- stimulates the heart & lungs
- also stimulates the thyroid, boosting your immune system
- strengthens the spine, shoulders, chest, abdomen and butt
- improves breathing & digestion
- massages the kidney and adrenal glands
- helps eliminate constipation
Traditional texts say that Bhujangasana increases body heat, destroys disease, and awakens kundalini.
Watch how to practice this pose correctly in this video:
This article is part of a series exploring different yoga poses to treat Crohn’s disease symptoms and to improve digestion.