Ratatouille-Inspired Summer Veggie Dish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1” chunks (~2 cups chopped)
- 1 large yellow zucchini, chopped into 1” chunks (~2 cups chopped)
- 1 Italian Eggplant, peeled & chopped into 1” chunks (~1-1.5 cups)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4-1 cup marinara sauce (or use chopped tomato)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, to taste
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, finely chopped
- Herbamare + salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large cast-iron pot or skillet, heat the oil, garlic, and onion over medium heat for about 5 mins, stirring frequently and reducing heat if necessary.
- Add the chopped zucchini, eggplant, and red pepper, as they are ready to go in. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. I like giving the veggies a sprinkle of Herbamare to bring out the flavours.
- Stir in about 3/4-1 cup of your favourite marinara sauce (I used The Linen Collection Marinara from Costco!) along with fresh herbs. Cook until vegetables are tender, but still a bit firm and not overcooked – about 5-7 more minutes.
- Serve with a crunchy french baguette loaf, rice, potatoes, couscous, quinoa, or simply as a side.
Add Your Comment